Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Initiation weekend

We spent Memorial Day weekend cooking, serving, and cleaning up! That's right, it was our first official gathering. Somehow having friends and family witness the fact that we truly are homeowners makes it more real? Maybe?

At any rate, chickens were smoked, vegetables were skewered, and salads were consumed, all in the name of the unofficial start of summer. There were a few moments when I had to remind myself that we were sitting on OUR deck and that we get to live in the house permanently (or for the next 5, 10, or more years).


Enough peppers? Yes, actually, we're still eating leftovers



A did learn a few interesting things this weekend:
-We have more friends with children than I had originally thought.
-I can say that I am happy that none of those children are our responsibility on a daily basis. Whew.
-People can be hungry for dinner at four, five, or six in the afternoon. I think it has something to do with the anticipation of someone else preparing food.
-There actually may be such thing as buying too much beer. I think we may have enough beer leftover to last through the rest of the summer.
-Spending two days cooking and cleaning is exhausting. I'm glad we did it, but I am in no rush to host another party.

No comments:

Post a Comment