Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New ways to play with your food

I am wearing my virtual graduation cap, as I just completed a new culinary feat - I finally successfully improvised dinner. My husband has always had that gift of being able to look in the refrigerator and say, "okay, peas, mustard, leftover mashed potatoes...what can I make?" I have never understood the mystery of dinner improvisation before today. It just kind of hit me like a ton of bricks...or a ton of mashed potatoes.

I was driving home and decided that I wanted Mr. Yoshida rice, known the rest of the world as stir fry seasoned with yoshida sauce. I took some leftover topping (onion and mushrooms) from the other night's veggie supper club's sweet potatoes and added them in with new mushrooms and asparagus. Add some chicken, rice, yoshida, and soy sauce, and hey, it's dinner!

It actually tasted good, too. The husband liked it and said that if he had a taste for yoshida rice that he'd make it like that. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment