Monday, April 18, 2011

All the small things

She left me roses by the stairs....Was that Greenday? I'm drawing a blank.

Yesterday I (re)discovered the magic of spray paint. I had this gold basket sitting in the closet of our rental that I had "borrowed" from a former job a few years ago to use for a volunteer event. Really, who at work was in need of gold gift basket after the treats had been consumed? Anyway, the basket received a coat of white spray paint yesterday and is now back in the category of things I might actually use. (The in between-y look of white with a little gold showing through looked kind of cool, but I eventually went for all white.) It probably needs a little touching up, but it will eventually go in the guest a.k.a. slaughtered salmon bathroom.

Later, after my brother-in-law took a tour of our yard and pointed out the pile-o-dead-grasses, I went to Tar-jay to buy a pruner (and cat food and toothpaste and ant traps - to protect the cat food from intruders!). I spent about a half hour quite happily hacking at the pile-o-dead-grasses (I am excited to see if they grow back as not-dead-ornamental grass) and taking down dead branches from nearby trees, while the husband tended to the brisket and chicken he was smoking. Did I mention that this weekend started with him saying, "We should smoke something this weekend!" on Friday night? We own a smoker. It smokes meat.

Perhaps most importantly, I learned yesterday that my husband has no interest in landscaping. I therefore told my slightly-overzealous-new-homeowner-brother-in-law that I may be the representative of our household who would be accompanying him to the garden store in the months to come. Based on these findings, I told my husband that I could respect his distaste of yard work, as long he continued to cook.  And yes, there was smoked meat for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment