Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Welcome to Boxland

This weekend marked the official end of week 1 in the new house. I am still wandering around asking myself, "Do we really live here?" Somehow I still feel like we're staying in a vacation rental, except for the fact that we have to get up and go to work each morning. Particularly amazing was the fact that the flowering trees in our neighborhood (flowering pear or apple trees maybe?) bloomed about 3 days after we moved in. It was a nice welcome to the neighborhood from mom nature (we even have a few blooms visible from our bathroom skylight). I was sad that we were moving out before the crabapple in front of our rental was going to do its thing this spring, so getting to see multiple flowering trees on my drive home has been sweet.

I keep looking around the house feeling frustrated with all the boxes, but then I remind myself how long it took to pack. Thus far, unpacking the boxes has gone much faster than packing them, and we made major progress this weekend in boxland. As an aside, I arrived later than I had hoped to my sister's shower on Saturday, because I just could not find pants! I eventually won that battle with the boxes.

Speaking of boxes, I have started a rather random list of things that the boxes are still holding hostage. It is a very odd, the things that we feel slightly lost without:
-Pepper grinder (salt shaker is missing too, but the box of kosher salt has been found!)
-Bathroom clock
-Coasters (where to put the glasses in the living room?)
-Candles for giant candleholder (in front of fireplace)
-Charger for camera battery (This makes me sad. There are a lot of house photos that are currently just stuck in my camera.)

No comments:

Post a Comment