Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Murphy's war

The cat usually wakes us up in the morning, but he was being more annoying than normal today. :) My husband discovered that Murphy's bowl was under attack again by those little "sugar ants". We've had such problems with them this summer, and they seem to like meow mix as much as the cat does. Ant spray, traps, caulking, vinegar water! Nothing seems to keep them at bay for more than a week. Does anyone have a solution?

And speaking of Murphy's war....we've been toying with the idea (for a while now) of adopting a second furry critter. While I would like a second friend, I don't want to traumatize Murphy. Cat? Dog? Cat-like-dog? I like the idea of a dog now, but I know that it won't be as much fun in the winter. How does one go about finding a pet that will get along with the first one? How do you introduce them to each other without major drama? (Haha. Major Drama. I am saluting like they do in "How I Met Your Mother", whenever a miltary rank is said.)

No comments:

Post a Comment